Monday 14 April 2008

Easel

One of the best things I recently bought is this new easel. Well.... it's not really an easel and it's not new either.
In the last couple of weeks my old easel slowly but surely started falling apart. It's one of those fancy wooden artists easels but I have never been quite happy with it. While looking for a new one I realized that the commonly sold studio easels don't really fit my working method. My style of painting requires me to work very close to the canvas and I move my work around a lot. Amazingly traditional easels don't really allow for that, adjustments are pretty coarse. And even the most expensive models are quite inadequate from an ergonomics perspective.
A second hand drawing board proved to be the best solution for me. They are cheap because most architects/engineers have switched to computer aided design. And functionality and ergonomics are really much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment