Tuesday 19 May 2009

On my easel now

Some of my work is based on natural shapes and forms I encounter in and around my garden.
One of the paintings I am presently working on has a very direct link to a shrub growing in my garden. It's a Cape Gooseberry, a fruit generally only used as a garnish in restaurants. Probably because they are so ingeniously packaged inside their paper like lampoon.
If the berries are left to weather, the lampoon turns into this wonderful delicate gauze allowing a good peek at the berry itself. I am using this visual effect in a slightly different form in the work in progress below.



Here's another landscape I'm working on at the moment.
This one has no obvious link to anything growing in my garden. Although the subject might have to do with the fact that we live in an active volcanic region ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment